How to delete your Kik account
If you happen to’re seeking to take management of your Kik account or your youngster’s account, you’re most likely questioning how one can completely delete the app out of your gadget. Some apps make it troublesome or unimaginable to delete your account, however what about Kik? What sort of hoops do it’s important to soar by to rid the app out of your telephone?
On this information, we’ll present you every little thing it’s essential do to completely or briefly delete your account on this standard messaging app.
Momentary and everlasting deactivation
There’s a distinction between deactivating an account and deleting it — which Kik refers to as non permanent deactivation versus everlasting deactivation. Momentary deactivation signifies that you’ll briefly cease receiving Kik messages and emails, your consumer title is not going to be searchable, and your title will get deleted out of your contacts’ lists. However you’ll be able to reactivate your account if you want by signing again in. To deactivate or completely delete your account, go to Kik’s web site both in your telephone or your pc. You’ll be able to entry the right internet web page in your telephone by utilizing the app’s Assist part and typing in “Delete Account” to the search field.
To briefly deactivate your Kik account click this link to get an e mail despatched to you.
Everlasting deactivation means deleting a Kik account perpetually. As soon as deleted, it can’t be restored. You’ll not obtain messages or get emails from Kik ever once more. Nobody will have the ability to seek for you on the platform and your consumer title and profile will likely be perpetually expunged from your folks’ contact lists. When you completely deactivate or delete your account, you’ll not have the ability to log again in or entry contact info or message historical past. If you happen to ever need to use the service sooner or later, you’ll have to enroll once more with a distinct e mail handle.
To completely deactivate your Kik account, click this link to get an e mail despatched to you.
Kik makes it straightforward to stop
- Be sure you know the e-mail handle you used to enroll in the service.
- Enter the right info on Kik’s everlasting deactivation web site.
- Kik will ship you an e mail with a hyperlink to completely deactivate your account.
- If you happen to or somebody you already know has looked for or despatched messages to your account, your profile will likely be cached on their gadget, so it could take a number of days to vanish off their gadget.
- Anybody else looking for your consumer title received’t discover you.
- Take away or uninstall the app out of your telephone, simply as you’ll some other app.
Mother and father can deactivate a teen’s account
Deactivating a teen’s account means it can not be searchable inside Kik, and the account will likely be deleted from the Kik contacts lists of all the teenager’s chat companions. Mother and father must know their youngster’s consumer title and the e-mail handle they used to register for the account. Right here is easy methods to discover a teen’s consumer title.
- A teen’s consumer title is on the market from their smartphone by launching Kik, which opens the app to the primary chats record.
- Faucet the icon on the prime of the display screen to open the settings, the place you’ll be able to see each the teenager’s username and bold-faced show title.
- If you happen to chat along with your teen from your personal gadget, it’s straightforward to see their username from the chat.
Kik consumer names would not have areas, and may combine higher and decrease case letters, numbers, and particular characters. If the teenager has reset their Kik account, mother and father could possibly discover their username on the login display screen. Kik recommends mother and father use their teen’s gadget to search out out details about their Kik communications and shouldn’t count on to learn the teenager’s chats from their very own gadget — principally a third-party gadget. That’s as a result of Kik’s privateness options will routinely clear their chat historical past. Kik doesn’t see or retailer chats between customers.
Mother and father can ask Kik to deactivate their teen’s account for them. To do this, they need to submit a deactivation inquiry to Kik through e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with Mum or dad Inquiry within the topic line. The request should embrace the teenager’s Kik username and age.
There are a lot of explanation why it’s possible you’ll determine to stop Kik, and the corporate has made it straightforward to disengage for anybody who chooses to take action. Kik additionally offers mother and father the sources to close down their teen’s Kik connection, in the event that they really feel it’s applicable.